Saturday, March 31, 2007

relief.

To My Friends and Family,

March may have quite possibly been the longest month of my life! We had school camps in all month. Dobcroft, our first school, came in two parts. The first week I was in the kitchen, helping cook and serve food! It was definitely a learning experience. The second half of Dobcroft I was a dorm leader. I was nervous to be in a dorm with these kids because with school groups, we had to be extra careful with everything we said. We had to premise everything with “The Bible says...” or “Christians believe…” This was not as easy as I had hoped, and found myself in several situations where I had to backtrack and add those statements in. Ecclesall was our second school, which also came in two parts. The first camp I was on Support team, and was the only support team member! It basically meant that I was in the kitchen cooking, cleaning up after meals and serving, as well as cleaning toilets, running an activity and setting up archery and ropes. I was dreading that camp. It was going to be a long, hard week. But God provided and we had so many random people stop by to help out that it ended up being a pretty easy week. I was still tired, and ready for the weekend, but I had help. God is so good! This last week, I was dorm leading again. A dozen 8 and 9 years olds in one dorm can really be exhausting. Even if they are well behaved. But the week came and went and we all survived! The Gospel was shared and kids had fun.
School camps weren’t the only reason March was such a long month however. It was the month in which I had a decision to make. Back in January, I set March as a deadline to decide whether or not I was going to come home early. God started to reveal Himself to me in some pretty powerful ways, ways that really shook my world up. I wanted to give myself enough time to make sure that I was making a decision based on what I felt God was asking of me, not on my emotions. So I decided that 3 months was a good amount of time, and I spent that time in prayer, in His Word, and seeking Godly counsel. And I’ve come to the decision that coming home is what God wants for me. It’s the best choice. I know it seems absurd, and illogical, trust me I’ve thought that too. But since I’ve been here, there hasn’t been a peace in my heart at all. There’s been no joy in the ministry here. And I know that walking with Christ is not always happiness and sunshine. But I also know that God works in ways that we don’t always understand. I’m trusting that He’ll use this change in my life to bring glory to His name. And I ask that you trust that as well. Trust that God has spoken to my heart, and has given me a peace about leaving early. Trust that His name will be glorified through this somehow.
It has been an incredible, trying and intense experience for me here in England. Leaving early is not going to be easy. But I feel confident that this is what He wants of me. I am so thankful for your support through this time, and I pray you will see my heart, God’s heart in this.

In His love,
Kelly

No comments: