Sunday, August 5, 2007

adjustments and changes

two of my least favorite things. and i'm pretty sure that there's a large majority of people who woudl agree with me. adjustments and changes are hard, and messy. they take time, energy, faith and patience, and let's be honest- those 4 things are not easy to produce. i realize there may be a select few of you who think that change is fun, and to you i say this- you're sick. in the head, need to see a shrink sick.

back to my changes.

life has been a royal mess the past few months, as you would know if you've been reading my blogs. i've made bad decisions, followed by even worse ones, sometimes redeemed by a really good, really big one. but the reality is that my life is a mess.

in the last 6 months i've moved 4 times, made 3 life altering decisions, worked 4 different jobs, and have saved absolutely no money. i live in an unstable world, and my life is a reflection of that. there have been only 2 consistent things for me through all of this. the love and support of family and friends, and my God. And praise the Lord for His consistency! Without that....whoa, I don't even want to think about where I'd be.

anyways, i feel the need to write all this because the last week has really made me think. we suffered a major tragedy right here in this city, when 2 news helicopters collided into one another while covering a car chase, killing all 4 crew members. and then just a few days later we watched the bridge in minneapolis collapse killing several and injuring more.

it really makes ya think.

and just recently i've made a new friend who has reminded me through his own story that things can always be worse than they are. and that i should be thankful for where i am. the mess that it is.

so i'm gonna work on that, and i urge you to do the same. look at each day as a new adventure. a day to be lived as though it may be your last, as cliche as that sounds. it's imperative that we continue on in life, suffer tragedies, enjoy little pleasures, and love on each other as much as possible. regardless of what the circumstances surrounding us are.

and that's it. my heart. right now. still beating before you.

i love you all.

1 comment:

Steve Pyfrom said...

That totally sounds great. I'm amazed at how the LORD has revealed himself to you.

Keep remaining strong in Him. Read, pray, let him fill you up.

Psalm 81:10 has amazed me. God wants to be your satisfier.

Miss you a ton as well.
We'll talk soon.