Monday, January 8, 2007

abersoch, wales

2 days in abersoch, wales.

we did nothing.

it was amazing.



it was such a great opportunity to just hang out and get to know the team a little better. we drove up friday night, in a minibus....














Stopped for dinner at a Little Chef (aka Denny's)...














Then we made it on to Abersoch. It was half past 1am by the time we got there, so we all just crashed. The next day though, this was the view from my bedroom window....















It was so fun. We had a great time walking around in the town of Pwhellhi...
This is Sarah, Becca and Danielle, although we're not really sure why Dani's eyes are closed. I say "cheese" and she closes her eyes. Whatever.
As for the rest of the trip, well it was fun. Relaxing, enjoyable. And after all the hard work I put in this week it was needed....
I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks. We've got Route 66 training tomorrow, which is a conference held mutliple times over the year, at different locations for youth workers. We have a few guest speakers in that'll take us through some workshops to help prepare us for the next semester. It'll be a great time. Then this weekend we have Bistro, where supporters of the Oakes have the chance to come and take a look around, meet the team, and see where we're headed. I'm looking forward to that as well. It's going to be a fun couple of weeks as we get started into camps on the 19th, and then it's full speed ahead after that. I'm itching to get started with camps, although they have put me in crafts, my most favortie of all activities (read while rolling eyes) but I asked God to push me and pull me while I was here, and He's wasting no time. It'll be good for me to be involved in things I'm not crazy about, but things that are essential to children's ministry. And if that means glueing cotton balls to cut out sheep, then so be it. I'm here to serve. However, wherever and whenever they need me.

1 comment:

ktjane said...

whatever - yay crafts!